Friday, February 18, 2011

"I want 100 wickets before I retire"


Ray Price, the senior most player in the Zimbabwe team, is hoping to complete a century of wickets in ODIs, before he retires.

The left-arm spinner, who currently has taken 80 ODI wickets, would be leading the Zimbabwe spin attack along with young Prosper Utseya and Graeme Cremer.

"I would like to get 100 wickets before I retire. I am getting old now. But I am still young in my heart," Price said.

He also praised young Utseya and said, "Prosper and I work very well together. Just have different lines. He and I have played for long and I enjoy bowling with him," the veteran player said.

Price was of the opinion that while playing in India the pressure was on the spinners to perform on slow pitches.

When asked about their first World Cup match against defending champions Australia, Price said they were not afraid of the Aussies.

"Australians are highly competitive. We are not afraid of them but we respect them. I never like to make too much noise with my mouth. Once I get ball in my hand, I can make some noise," the senior player said.

No comments:

Post a Comment