Thursday, February 10, 2011

‘It would be a Blast to get Tendulkar out’ : Junaid Khan

After being selected for the World Cup squad by replacing Sohail Tanveer, young Left Arm Fast bowler Junaid Khan said that he is not overwhelmed by the prospect of debuting at the biggest stage of cricket i.e. World Cup.

jun 205x300

“I’ll treat it as just another game of cricket,” Junaid said.”I’ve represented my country at junior levels and Pakistan A, so I know what the responsibility of playing for your country is like. I don’t think I’ll have any nerves and I’m confident I can handle the situation.”

I’ve been working so hard over the last couple of seasons and I feel that I have consistently improved as a bowler, “Junaid said. “I’ve also been working hard on my batting and I feel that my call-up for the World Cup is warranted as I have done consistently well at all levels for Pakistan.”

He also wants to have a go at the Little Master and said that “Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me,” he said. “But if we get to play against India in the World Cup, it would be a blast to bowl at [Sachin] Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment